Wednesday, November 09, 2005

first day on the job

I would presume that colleagues who commenced employment on the same day as me would have already had a day or two's experience handling cases, whereas today was my first. Ain't exactly a first since my team leader already gave me 5 simple cases to handle the Wednesday before this.

It isn't as difficult as I thought it might be. But then again, maybe it's because they're only being nice to the newbies at the moment.

Thankfully I didn't get too sleepy at work today, but I did get slightly pissed by my colleagues. They unanimously decided to head to Takashimaya for lunch, which is almost a 10 minutes' walk from our office building. And at the rate they usually amble along, we usually take around 15 minutes before we can even feel the air-conditioning in the shopping centre.

So today, I pulled a fast one the moment I knew they were lunching at Taka. I told them I had something to do, so I won't join them. Straight after we said our good-byes, I turned around and headed back to Orchard Cineleisure. We were already past Cineleisure when I found out where they were intending to go.

I withdrew some cash, and went to Long John's Silver for a relaxing lunch hour. I think I ate quite a bit too much. One "shrimp and chicken treasure meal" followed by "crispy shrimp and salsa cheese fries", washed down with a regular Coke. I have never had so much food at one sitting before. Particularly not at Long John's. But I guess it's because I didn't manage to have breakfast earlier.

Throughout my meal, I was secretly giggling to myself thinking about how the 3 girls would have packed their food from the Taka food court and end up eating by the fountain at Basement 2. They always do that because there are usually
hardly any seats at the food court during lunch hour. Don't even know why they always want to go there. As for me, I enjoyed my food facing a wide stretch of green grass, with the birds and trees around me, whilst puffing through three cigarettes end on end and talking to Hubs on the phone...

So, who had a better lunch hour?