Thursday, November 03, 2005

the continuous stream of random babbling

I'm meeting Karthy for dinner in town today. By Golly, I am excited!

She's been reading my blog for some time and she's a colleague of Annie (the aspiring wife who reads my blog quite regularly as well), and it's the first time I'm meeting anyone who reads my blog. We were trying to contact Annie the whole of yesterday evening, but her phone was just never picked up. If you're reading this, we meeting at 7.30pm hor. You go call Karthy and check with her.

Karthy and I had been chatting intermittently via email for a couple of weeks after she left her first comment on my blog and we eventually swapped numbers. (Actually not true, because I gave her mine and she didn't give me hers until some days later.) From then on, we sms-ed on a daily basis just asking "how do you do" and stuff like that. Until I called her out of the blue after work yesterday.

Her response when picking up the phone was very friendly and not the least bit shocked that I called. It was almost as though she had been expecting me to make contact all this while. As if I've been a friend for a long time and I'm jusrt making a routine call to say hello.

We talked awhile about random personal topics and she told me that she was shopping at Singapore Expo because there's a Metro Warehouse Sale there. I jokingly scolded her for not telling me about it, and she like-mindedly scolded me back for not checking my email account recently. There was so much laughter between us that it almost seems as though we've been friends for ages. Everything just felt so comfortable. I just hope tonight's dinner goes in the same fashion.

This could be the start to a blooming friendship...