Sunday, October 23, 2005

back from hitting the clubs

Just back from hitting the clubs with Thiru and his friend, Raf. Of course Hubs was with me too. Wooh. I've not club hopped for so long, but yet today, thanks to Thiru, we chilled out at Rest Room (that name is just stupid) at Boat Quay, China One at Clarke Quay, and finally Insomnia at CHIJMES. I feel bushed, but energetic as well. After a night of partying, alcohol and fags, I'm usually quite energetic. =p

The live band at Insomnia RAWKS!

And China One is the PERFECT place to hang out if you don't want a place too quiet. They play hip-hop/R&B throughout the night, and they have a live band too, but I didn't get the chance to catch them performing because we only got there close to 1am. The decor is NICE man. Sort of like how my place will look like once it's done. And the best thing? There's no cover charge, and a jug of Heineken only goes for $35.

Just want to share something that we overheard at Rest Room:

Guy A: Eh, the rest room leh.

Guy B: Where got rest room?

Guy A: Here lah. (points to the pub's signboard)

Guy B: Chey. I thought you meant toilet.

Another instance that the pub's name is dumb:

Customer: Excuse me, where's the rest room?

Waitress: This IS the rest room.

Customer: Erm... I mean the place where you ease yourself?

Waitress: Oh. It's at the back.

Maybe I should open up a pub and name it "Loo". But the good thing about Rest Room is that Hoegaarden draft only goes for $15 nett per pint. That is CHEAP, man. And Rest Room has a sister pub just across the street from it. The name? Bedroom. *facepalm* The owner is so creative.