Thursday, October 20, 2005

a kiss on the same day last year

On this same day, 20th October, a year ago, at around this same time, you said to me the three little magic words "I love you" outside Bangkok Bank Building before you went up to work.

It was a moment that I had been waiting for ever since I first met you 39 days before that. And when that moment finally arrived, the world spun itself around me, and I only thing I could do was to look dazed.

You kissed me and gave me a tender look that I had long deciphered before you even said you loved me. It was the look of love. And if I may put it so bluntly, you adored me and wanted to be with me for as long as possible.

That was our first public kiss ever. (Not considering the first time we were both drunk and you kissed me by the beach after I puked my lungs out.) And I felt, during that split-second when our lips touched, that I was your woman. Because prior to that, you would NEVER kiss me out in public, and holding hands was merely a "can you please cross the road carefully" thing.

That was a day to be remembered forever.

Now, a year later, here I am as your wife. With our own home on the way, no less. And today, I shall be the one to say, I LOVE YOU.

And even though you know how these three words will never suffice to describe the magnitude of my love for you, there is nothing more that I can speak of, except just to say again, I LOVE YOU again.

I love you more than I love myself. And that to you, I believe, will speak for itself.