Tuesday, October 18, 2005

bewildered and upset

I have this male friend, and I would presume that we get on quite chummy. We would go out to clubs together, chill out at cafes and just spend time talking. Maybe I've been a bad friend as I've not contacted him for some time. But it seems like whenever I did try to make contact, he was almost always busy.

I'm not saying that his packed schedules are a lie, but life is just like that. You've got your own life to run. Like how he's got school, and other friends, and he's a regular gym devotee. And me, I'm practically crumbling under this home-renovation thing. I can't even sleep for a night without pieces of furniture flying around in my dreams.

I went to his blog today, and realised that he removed me from his links. Why is that so? Are we not friends anymore? Or was it something that I did that made you not want to be friends with me?

The last time I met up with him was late June. That's almost 4 months ago. It's not like I haven't tried making contact, but everytime I called, he was already booked for other appointments. Of course I was disappointed everytime, but what to do? I couldn't confirm on another day, and neither could he. And I guess in that way, we drifted apart.

Every now and then, Hubs would ask about him, wondering aloud how this friend is getting along these days. We said we should call him up and catch up, but we never know where to start.

I've been waiting on MSN for far too long. And the only one time I managed to get him, the reply I got was that the person behind the monitor wasn't him.

I think maybe it's time to give him a call.

--- --- ---

I called. I got his voicemail. Maybe he's just busy. And maybe I will just go lie down and cry a little now.