Wednesday, October 19, 2005

feeling 55 on the inside

These days, I may look young on the outside, but inside, I am actually 55. Why do I say that? Let me name a few examples:

• I do nothing but to stay at home on weekends, except for the occassional window shopping trips.

• My back aches when I sit up for too long.

• Clubbing? What's that? I don't even know which places are happening anymore.

• My favourite pastime now is watching television. No snacks. They're not good for an aging metabolism.

• I am worried about how user-friendly and practical products are, instead of how nice they look or how popular they are. That's why I still haven't bought an iPod nano.

• I keep straining funny muscles ranging from those on my neck, to those on my calf. Youngsters don't get that. Old people do.

• I find my heart raring to go everytime I hear an upbeat song, but my body and my wallet cannot keep up. Particularly the wallet.

• Home loans, renovations, home decor, monthly installments are terms that have finally found their place in my dictionary. Permanently.

• I now am the proud owner of a sense of contentment. Like how an old woman can swing back and forth on her rockingchair all day and still have a warm smile on her face.

I need my young life back before I disintegrate into a pile of ashes. I'm no phoenix, there's no second chance for me. I want to feel alive and be alive before I am laden with commitments and eventually die.