Wednesday, October 19, 2005

on a high note

On a brighter note, I bought two extremely lovely tops for only $15 each from a stall at Bugis Village. It was fate, I tell you. Almost all the shops were closed by the time I got there at 10.30pm, but this particular stall was still open because the owner was dressing up the mannequins for tomorrow.I bought the top she just put on the mannequin. It was the only piece that she sourced from Korea and it is now MINE! *evil laughter*

Silk Tube
Pretty right?

Lace Tube
This is a see-through lace top...

Lace Tube Boobs
But of course I'm a good girl and wear a light grey boob tube underneath it.



I am SUCH a sucker for good customer service, I tell you. And this shopowner is one of the nicest ladies selling clothes in Singapore EVER. We talked a bit about how the clothes are usually overpriced in Bugis Village. I told her that I bought a dress in Hong Kong for S$18 only to find it selling at $49 here! The price jump is SO high, it's crazy. And so she tells me that the price war between the young entrepreneurs is quite feisty. Here discount, there discount, but in fact, the items are still overpriced after all that deduction. And we all know just how true that is.

The best part about this shopowner is that she can grasp your taste in fashion after 3 sentences exchanged with her.

She whipped out all the tubes she had, with the white lacy ones in the lead. How clever is that?

Next, she did something unexpected.

She brought out a seemingly plain black top, only to turn it around showing the halter and the backless design. Her words? "I see your pattern sure got go chiong (clubbing) one right? This one very sexy, very good for going chiong. You wear sure very nice one."

Wah. This lady, she can read my mind!

And the honest compliments she gives is sure to make you want to buy more clothes from her. She makes you feel about yourself, but not in a patronising manner.

We talked about how some of the shops there won't allow people to try the clothes. She told me it's because they didn't want to risk anyone damaging their goods. Then she gave me a look from head to toe, and said "They don't let you try? How come? You not fat what!"

I just said I don't know why, but maybe because my butt looks big, that's why they're afraid I will tear their bottoms to shreds.

I think I like this lady very much. I am going back there to buy more clothes. =p