Tuesday, November 01, 2005

the 1st Halloween party

I've never been to ANY Halloween parties. About 2 years ago, I was supposed to go partake in the ghoulish festivities with my maternal uncle with all of us cross-dressed. In the end he had to go overseas for a business trip. =(

Last year I was overtly caught up with my mum's passing away.

This year, I finally made it to one party. The one at Momo.

It's not fantastic, but Hubs and I thought it would be a good chance to check out the crowd and music since we've never been there before. The music's quite fine, but the crowd... No comments. =p

We actually intended to swing by Zouk, but when we got there slightly before 1am, it was FULL HOUSE. True that we don't like Zouk, but it seemed to have the most happening Halloween party and we wanted to check out the new decor. Too bad we didn't have a chance. So we ended up in Momo.

Not alot of people were in costumes, which was quite a dampener because we were hoping to see personas of all kinds. Instead all we saw were the repeated outfits of people with red horns, wings, the mask from "Scream" (the LAMEST costume EVER), and lots of people dressed as themselves.

I almost felt like walking up to each one of them who weren't dressed for the occassion and asking them what they were dressed as. Then I would be completely smart-assed and answer on their behalf.

"Oh. You're dressed as your usual ugly/fat
(or any other degrading term that suits them) self."

It's quite bad, I know, given the fact that I'm not too hot myself either. But seriously, Momo isn't all that cool at all. The young punks and Ah Lians who cannot dance or dress to save their lives populate the place to a degrading extent. I did see Robin Leong there though. But if you don't know who he is, it's fine. He's not that famous anyway.

If you're wondering what Hubs and I dressed up as, pictures tomorrow because my mobile is charging now and I'm shagged out from the activities from today. But I don't think I took any photos of our bodies. It's humanely impossible to take full body shots of yourself lah, ok?