Monday, November 21, 2005

fired!

My SMS was sent at 8.22am. The team leader didn't reply until almost 10 minutes later.

"Hi, you don't have to come in today. HR will send you a letter informing you about your termination cos you have not been reporting to work n did not call in for more than 48 hrs."

Oh. So it was THAT easy to cross the lines and make them fire me. But didn't I tell her on Tuesday that I would be on MC for a week? Then on the consecutive days I didn't think there was a need to call in since I had already told her that I'll won't be in until the next Monday. But speaking in terms of exacticality, she ain't wrong to say that I didn't call in for more than 48 hours because from Wednesday til Friday is 72 hours.

Ok lor. So now it's all set in stone. I've got to start going over to my new place to check my mailbox.