Thursday, November 17, 2005

~ I didn't want to ~

I wasn't intending to shout at you
but I did
not because I can't control myself
but because you couldn't be yourself

I hadn't wish for me
to say such horrible things
but you made me
but insisting that you are you

the worries of daily life
with the pressures of work
just compressed onto you
changed you into someone else

you felt no different
you thought no different
but you were
completely another man

if you must blame me
then do so
for that night of complete torture
but at least it worked to wake you up

so now you're back
being the man whom I love so dearly
if you fear yourself straying
I'll be here to remind you

my methods may be unorthodox
my words may sting
like salt on a wound
but each sentence is true like it is

just don't become
that person you so hate
and leave me shaking
with anger and disbelief

I didn't want to
but I did what I did
and in a way
I am glad