Sunday, November 13, 2005

date night with Hubs and the kid

I think I made my brother happy today. He should be, considering the fact that I spent almost a hundred bucks on him. I got him his long-lusted-for "Need for Speed Underground 2" XBox game ($69.90) and a new pair of sandals from Bata ($29.95). Although he hadn't asked for the footwear, it is only right that a good sister like me gets it for him as he was limping like a wounded puppy all over Marina Square and Suntec City. His Nikes were getting too small for him.

I almost feel the pinch for my dad since the Nikes cost about $80, and he had barely worn it for more than 6 months. Children who grow fast should NEVER be given branded footwear.

My dad lamented that I should have bought proper shoes for the kid, but I argued and said that sandals allow his feet to grow better as they are open footwear and he will definitely be able to wear that for a longer time compared to shoes. The kid doesn't have any sandals or slippers anyway, so I still believe that it's a good choice. Kid likes them too. So who's to complain?

I got myself a pair of flats too. The FIRST pair of flats that I look good in. I just HAD to fork out $29.95 for it.

SilverPumps

I also got a tube of Tired Legs Gel ($27) from Thyme Maternity to ease my poor suffering legs. They always feel so tired everyday.

Dinner was a hefty $79.75 at Changing Appetites. But it was GOOD FOOD. Hubs and I had the Seafood Platter for 3, even though we're just TWO persons. Ok, two and a half. The foetus needs food as well.

CA-SeafoodPlatterFor3

Camwhoring while waiting for the food...

DamienDUDU 131005-DamienSquint&Shelly 131005-DamienLeansOnShelly 131005-Damien&ShellyBlurry

I love my brother soooo much. Even though he has the ability to shit me big time. But I guess that's only because he matters to me.

Total bleeding from bank account for the day: $242.50. And I didn't even feel that I bought much. =(