Tuesday, November 15, 2005

completely shagged

I have done nothing all day. But I still feel absolutely tired. From what, I don't know, but doc says that it's normal. In fact, suffering from tiredness is one of the "better" symptoms in early pregnancy compared to morning sickness, vomitting and giddiness as they are more detrimental to health.

Vomitting can lead to dehydration, thus affecting the foetus' growth. Giddiness is uncomfortable for the mother and may lead to accidents due to inability to concentrate. Whereas in my case, all I need is just rest.

I've been given a week's MC and I don't think my company is going to enjoy that. Neither am I. After calculations and all, I am starting to fear that we may not be able to sustain the family with only Hubs' pay. But he says only to worry when the time comes, because in 2 months' time, he should be getting a slight pay raise which will definitely help the situation.

Mother-in-law has declared that she will not be able to help me take care of the baby when he/she arrives, so the chance of me becoming a homemaker is relatively high. Mum has not been well, and with her foot in a cast, it will definitely cause her some problems in the later part of her life even if it fully recovers.

We're also selling away the car soon, so no more private transportation for me. =(
The monthly installments that we're paying for the car is just too high compared to the current automobile market. Mum says no point to keep it, since it has been giving us so much trouble anyway. Parts of the car are taking turns to break down, so it's time to sell it off.

Hubs and I are quitting smoking. Hubs is having a hard time as everyone in his company smokes, but he's holding on. He's not completely off the fags yet, but he's cutting down dramatically. Wish him luck!