Friday, November 18, 2005

entertaining oneself

Hubs has been finishing work around 10pm everyday for this whole week. That's no good for family cohesiveness, but what to do? Daddy's got to bring the dough back for mummy and baby. So there.

Meanwhile, I've been coping with my one week MC by spending time with the all-knowing Myloh and tinkling with funky programs like Sound Studio. I've made a mix of 4 songs, but it doesn't sound very right. Hahaha... Got to cut me some slack, cos it's only the first time I'm actually using the program to mix songs. Once I get my act up and running, I'll post it up to share with you guys.

Come Monday, I'll be returning to the office. I'm almost prepared for an earful from my team leader and manager. I haven't been reporting to work and I haven't exactly told them that I'm on a week's MC. I should be feeling embarrassed, but I guess my skin's too thick to even feel that I'm being irresponsible.

Right now, being a responsible employee is the last thing on my mind. I've got furnishings to purchase, measurements to make, delivery dates to arrange, and on top of that, to prepare for our great move-in and my growing baby.

Here's requesting that if anyone has any home assignments like data entry or web-designing, please give me a holler. Babies need a lot of money, you know. Currently the only financial issue weighing heavily on my mind is how we're going to pay for my hospitalisation charges. The cheapest wards are at least $1,500 per night, and the worst thing is that my trusted gynae is based in Thompson and being a private hospital, charges are definitely going to be higher.

Sigh. The world's problems are almost always caused by money.