Monday, July 25, 2005

hungry bookworm

Since I am feeling slightly better compared to the past few days, I decided to tell you guys all about my visit to the spanking new National Library on Saturday!!

Well, as an idiot would know, the library has many many books covering many many different topics. They also have many many storybooks. By storybooks, that would mean fiction.

Most of the books there are very very new. And it is the FIRST National Library Branch that actually carries ALL of Ben Elton's books!! I was almost crazy enough to want to loan all those that I haven't read before. Luckily Hubs stopped me from being stupid and I ended up going back with only two of his books. I just finished "Blast from the Past" and am starting with "The Other Eden". I adore reading Ben Elton's books!

I also got a book titled "Wicked Poems". Want to know what it's about? Here's a short poem from the book:

Mama, Mama by Harry Graham

Mama, Mama, oh what is this
That looks like strawberry jam?
Hush, Hush, my dear, 'tis poor Papa
Run over by a tram.


Fine. So it is a children's book. But I always find that poems are ageless. Particularly such naughty ones. =p

Go on and drop by the new library!! The books are all so new and in mint condition, you'll be silly not to go borrow a couple of them now. It's almost guaranteed that you won't have missing pages!!