Saturday, July 09, 2005

a packed schedule

Pardon the lack of posts these days. My schedule has recently been packed to the max, and I'm not even sleeping the days away. I've been meeting up with friends (both old and new) and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

No doubt my finances have been more than constricted, but it doesn't stop me from having lunch/coffee with these absolutely adorable people. Particularly to Ivory, my kindergarden classmate, whom I thought would be utterly boring to meet up with, due to the fact that we have not spoken for ages. Upon counting, around ten years. *lol*

Thank God everything turned out fine and we had a jolly good time talking about all sorts of topics under the sun. We both admitted to being unenthusiastic to the meet-up when she was heading off home, and we just laughed it off.

It is good to see you again, dearie. We must try to recreate our childhood days of running around crazy in Parkway... Haha...

--- --- ---

Also met up with Fiona after a disappearing act pulled by me for 4 months. I was in seclusion! What else can I say? And thanks to her craving for steak, the threesome (me, GGYY and Fio) went to Phin's Steakhouse at Orchard Cineleisure just to be served our food an hour after ordering. Pui. Fucking bad service. I don't care if the staff was being harassed by gangsters. It is YOUR issue. It should not have affected the quality of customer service. In any case, they didn't have the decency to inform us that they're having some problems and that our food will be served much later. We could at least be prepared to wait or we could choose to cancel orders and leave.

Fiona's not very happy either. Read her ramblings of Phin's Steakhouse here. Fio ah, I thought you said you would mention my account of the stupid Coke Light with lemon slices??

Just to explain myself further, I ordered a Coke Light at Phin's, and it came with a bloody lemon slice. The menu didn't state that. And I don't like it. Upon passing the drink around for the 2 girls to try, we all agreed that the lemon does taste VERY strong despite the fact that there is only ONE slice in the glass. I demanded a change, which the staff obliged to.

GGYY didn't understand why I'm being so fussy about the stupid lemon, so I gave her an analogy. "How would you like it if you ordered fish & chips and the chef dumped ketchup all over it when you don't like ketchup?"

She pondered for a moment, then nodded and said she now understands.

Sigh. I am not being picky. I just have expectations.