Friday, July 15, 2005

a drunken night owl

My sleep cycle has been all screwed for the past few days... I knew I had to get it back because of some impending appointments that will have to be fulfilled. Work. *grimace*

Therefore, I refused the comfort of bed, blankie, bolster and pillow on Wednesday night, and continued with my packed Thursday schedule of friend-meeting, Orchard window shopping and Siam Supperclub Ladies' Night.

The outcome?

Maybe I was too zombified by the time I got to Siam, or because the drinks were watered down way more than before the place got renovated, but in any case, I got drunk. Yes. Drunk.

It was embarrassing to have Hubs come pick me up after my crazed drinking-dancing-smoking stint. I was not walking straight, and I can tell you that I haven't got like that for ages. I was giggling like a stupid Japanese schoolgirl. And I was even half as "kawaii" (cute) as them.

Hubs and I managed to half drag, half walk me home from the multi-storey carpark, where I immediately collapse on the floor of my balcony laughing at my own drunken stupor amidst apologising to the highly amused Hubs for my inappropriate behaviour. My head was spinning so bad I thought I was going to die.

I called on all my limbs to cooperate as I stumbled my way over to my room and got changed. I even managed to put my stinky clubbling clothes into the laundry basket in the kitchen!! I am so proud of my drunken self for doing that...

I giggled while packing my barang-barang for staying over at his place. I even threw in some Hacks candies! He watched me with strange laughing eyes throughout...

He drove us back to his place, where upon reaching, I ran out of the car and threw up into the nearest drain by squatting down right in front of it. So unglam. After he dragged my into the house in the quietest way possible without waking his sleeping parents, I asked for food. Being the lovely husband that he is, he ventured out on his own to the nearby Macpherson coffeeshop to get some Kway Chap for us.

Before he left, he made me swear that I would be awake to finish the food when he got back. Of course I promised. Then, when he got back, I was dead asleep. And snoring. *lol* Poor hubs.

Such way of handling a drunken me is so unsuitable. Never believe what I say/promise when I'm that drunk. Not that he's ever seen me drunk before. I guess it was a pretty interesting ordeal to him at the rate he was laughing at my drunken antics. I hope you had as much fun chasing after me as I had sauntering around like a madwoman high on alcohol. =)

Now I sit, eating the bowl of warmed-up Kway Chap from last night. Drunkenness is such bliss when you have someone so lovely and sweet to take care of you and clean up the tracks of your temporary stupidity. =)