Sunday, April 03, 2005

Prince charming saves MY day!

It has been a long day...

Visiting my mum at Choa Chu Kang Columbarium in the early afternoon, followed by sweeping my paternal grandfather's tomb with the whole extended family and finally dinner and shopping at Parkway Parade. Whew.

Prince Charming saved my day in more than one way together.

1) For having a car for me to escape from the merciless sun during the time while my uncles were plucking weeds off my grandpa's grave and setting up the offerings to burn.

2) For letting buy all the pretty clothes I want at Parkway. Including a pair of very very nice Hip-Hop pants and a black GAP cotton jacket.

3) For caring and loving me when I was getting the shits from the sun and the ashes. The ironic fact that it rained halfway through a hot afternoon elevated my irritation to maximum standards. But he was understanding and very patient with me.

Haven't had a good day in ages. I guess today is one of those days.

Meanwhile, back in the world where I am just another face in the crowd, the Pope has returned to the Lord. I know many are very upset by this sad news, but that's life. Everyday, there are births and deaths, and few feel the pain because we are just shrimps in the big ocean of society. Nothing much to feel painful about since I don't really know him, but the fact that he had done many great things with his life does make him a memorable personality.

As I have said before in an earlier post of mine: "Cherish your loved ones and treasure the time you have. Live everyday to the fullest and the way that will satisfy you in the best possible manner."