Saturday, April 02, 2005

iPod envy

I am suffering from a bad bout of iPod envy. So bad, it's enough to make my eyes well up with self-pitying tears to convince some kind soul to get it for me.

It's not that I am trying to wriggle my way out of financial responsibilities, but I'm just a student! It's undoubtable that if I were the one who paid the full sum for whichever fancy electronical device, I would take extra special care of it because every little kink or dent in it would create at least ten times the damage to my frail little heart.

I've been trying to convince my dad to get me a 1GB iPod shuffle, but he says that Creative ones are better and cheaper. *rolls eyes* I am using a 5GB Creative one now! With the exception of how frequently it hangs my precious 12" iBook G4 (which I paid entirely by myself), the fact that it cannot sync with my iTunes and how it occassionally throws tantrums that result in the entire playlist being deleted, I guess it really is quite ok. *rolls eyes more defiantly than before*

This iBook is my one and only computer. If it ever dies on me, I would lock myself in seclusion and remembrance of it for at least a week. That I swear. The last thing I want to do now is to use a completely outdated MP3 player that crashes it every alternate time I try to transfer new songs into it. The whole point of being able to update your playlist quickly and easily is completely missed.

It really doesn't make sense for me to be using anything else except an iPod, since I am using an Apple laptop. Everything else just seems wrong. Yet no one is willing to listen. Let alone buy it for me. Even asking for a loan from daddy dearest didn't work.

Six more months. Six more months to end of my diploma course. When that time comes, I will go out and get my own iPod. And when that moment arrives, watch out, all you people who won't get it for me. I will enclose myself in my own little world filled with music from my iPod and ignore all of you.