Wednesday, April 27, 2005

on 26th April '05: interview part 1

After being away from the working world, or should I say avoiding, the urgency of my diminishing bank account required immediate backup from providing labour for exchange of remuneration. I stepped into a job agency after being called up for meeting the requirements of a customer service job that I applied for online the night before.

No cold feet, no stress. Simply because I've done this sort of informal job agency interviews at least half a dozen times. Bad move on being late for 20 minutes though. The stupid building housing the agency was the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry Building. Bloody long name and bloody weird building. It looks exactly like a chinese temple! Except that it has more storeys.

2 hours after meeting up with my interviewer, I received a call informing me that I have to go for the actual interview with my employer the next day. Woo. This company works fast, man!

I will be paid very well at $9/hr if I get selected for the position, and I will only need to work 4 hrs per day for 5 days a week. Do your calculations and you'll see why I applied for this position... MONEY MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND! And since I will only work evenings from 7 - 11pm, I will still have time for school and shopping! Sounds extremely suitable for me, since I never do sleep before midnight.

Wish me luck for my interview! =)

In celebration of my interview, I bought an extremely cute TY cat plush, an orange racerback top from Zara, and a brown batik backless top from a stall at Cineleisure. Just another lame reason to shop lah. *lol* What utter nonsense to buy things to celebrate an interview. I haven't even got the job yet! Although I do think my chance of snagging this perfect job is very high...

It has been such a physically tiring day, and I don't even know why. I just feel very drained physically. Wish my days were more exciting. But then again, life is so materialistic. No money, no talk, no fun. I hate life.