Sunday, April 24, 2005

...an eventually beautiful day

As I watch my sweets snooze on the couch beside me and listening to Keane's Bedshaped,
I am filled with gladness in my soul.
A sort of warm, fuzzy feeling you get from watching the one you love and care for smile...

Glad that he is here with me.
Glad that he loves me.
Glad that we worked out fine.

The day started on the wrong foot...
His parents' place in Paya Lebar was giving me the shits due to all the dust from the construction of SMRT's Circle Line and the stupid PLE (Paya Lebar Expressway). My eyes got swollen, my skin itched, and I broke out in rashes. All on top of my existing sore throat, fever, aching muscles, bad back and spinning head.

We had a fight...
Events from the past resurfaced and tears fell. We spoke of dreams and hopes. None which we are able to achieve at this point. We are both disappointed in ourselves, in the environment around us. The people who put us down and yet at the same point want us to be confident and successful. It was all the pain in the world around us that we swallowed like a bitter pill made just for us. Until we met each other...

We kissed and made up...
The world is a fucked-up place. We both agree. When we're together, the bitter pill seems to come with a cube of sugar called "love". We swallow it with the help of an uplifting drink called "hope". And when our eyes get heavy from all that forced medication from the world, we rest alongside each other, hand in hand, hearts beating as one... Nightmares and promptly calmed by a kiss on the forehead, a strong comforting squeeze of the hand and a warm hug.

Love will not keep us alive...
But it will make us happier than whatever it is that we may be feeling. Although love cannot keep us alive by clothing, feeding, and sheltering us, the thought of loving and being loved keeps us going on in everything that we so wish to run from. It is the "Red-Bull" that drives you and gives you a "vroom-vroom" to go in your tasks.

Practical, logical, but both stupidly in love with each other...
We do dumb things to and for each other, just for that smile.
Seeing you trying smelly beancurd twice simply because I adore it is such a brave act. I know it stinks. =)
We both hardly believed in "happily ever after", but got married after knowing each other for 6 months. The planning started when we had dated for a month. We were crazy. I still think we are. =)
Everyone thought we had lost our balls for wanting to be married. Remember how much explaining we had to do to our friends and family?? They thought we were nuts. They probably still think so.
But we cares about anyone else? In your world, there's only me. And in my world, there's only you.

I love you... tumbi-boy. =p