Wednesday, April 20, 2005

another post on friends. particularly one of mine.

Following the previous post on friends, both male and female, an incident occurred (not isolated I must add) involving a female friend complaining about how me and another mutual friend always "cancel on her last minute" and "never failing to ruin her plans".

I say, fuck you very much.

-- Please do not read the following if reading one-sided quarrels/complaints are not your thing --

Stop thinking that the world revolves around you, because it doesn't. Things in life happen, with the need to cancel plans at last minute's notice. And unless you dare tell me that such experiences have never befalled you before, please do try to understand.

You hate "last minute things"? So do most people. I cannot help it when the unforeseen come up last minute. And if you are a true friend, you will understand. But you don't. I made huei wait for at least 3 hours when I met up with her last week, and she being a real good friend, understood my situation. What about you?

once bitten , twice shy. thrice ? more than that ? i will never forget that wed i tried callin u so many times and in the end you just said you didnt know that u were suposed to club with me. depression ? will a simple sms tellin me that you're not able to go aggravate the symptoms ? and yet i forgave you even though my wed was ruined just like that. how many times can one forgive ? don't say that i'm also always rejecting u guys to go out . you guys ain't working. i know workin isn't a good excuse but i fucking swear to god i make it a point to hang out with you guys to the best of my ability and i'm NOT tryin to sound like like i'm a very busy person and that my presence is an honour but why wont you guys try to understand that i have to make time for my other friends , family and of cos my "dates" too ??

You are always focusing on how your day has been ruined. That is a sign of being self-centred. Read the words that I've underlined. That's how understanding you are. If you're even bothered understanding depression, it comes in many different forms. Some people simply want to be left alone when they are depressed. And yes, any form of communication with anyone WILL aggravate my condition. And face it, if I happen to lose my temper with you or anyone else for that matter, you guys will just get angry and it'll develop into a quarrel.

When I tell you that I can't make it, you will insist and insist that I try to make it there, stating reasons like why I should make it down. Eventually making me compromise to "I'll try la, ok?" standards. And even though you should have enough common sense to know that I wouldn't be able to make it, you get pissed when I double confirm with you that I really cannot make it.

You insist on going to a particular club every Wednesday because "your friends are there". Well, then what the fuck do you want us there for? Just go join your friends!! I think you need to learn that there are friends, and there are acquaintances, and if you say you don't have a lot of friends, those people you mention should "acquaintances". Your command of English isn't very poor, God knows why you screw up these two words.

despite all these , when have i ever pang seh you guys to join my "friends" ? NEVER. i like to be surrounded with people i know. yea , call me an attention seeker.

Don't make it sound like I'm just calling you a flirt and not pinpointing my own flaws. Like I told you, I am a flirt, and you can even call me a slut, but at least I've got someone to share my life with. At the rate you want the "perfect guy" to take initiative, you are going to be alone for the longest time. So much talk about being "non-conformist" but here you are, being all "traditional" about the dating ways. It's the 21st century. Take control of your own happiness, for fuck's sake.

i will when i meet that someone. but why is it even bothering you in e first place ? one can be non conformist and still have stupid traditional views that should be abolished but its not easy having grown up with that exact set of ideals . and the mindset that guys should always make e 1st move. yes , i suck.

It bothers me cos when you get drunk (which is quite often) you start yelling out their names and you start asking where they are, and why they treat you like that, why they won't ask you out, the list goes on. And you really don't stop the questioning.

And now you say you're pissed because it has happened too many times. And you say "Fine, I'm not a true friend, so good bye to me". Guess what? Ok lor.

I have had enough of your contradicting ways of saying that "we should learn to save up" when you go buy a bloody watch at $80 which you never ever wear. For fuck's sake, you don't even have the habit of wearing watches!

And how you would drag me out of a store saying that "I don't need it" on days when I have money to spend and you claim you don't. That is why we've not gone shopping for the longest time. Everytime I want to get something, you say I don't need it. I want it. Is that good enough a reason to pay for it?

so much for trying to help. u're always complaining that u're broke , i thought that this would hep u curb your spending. i didn't know that saying all those would have such a effect on u. u could have just told me that u don't like me doing that and i'll shut the fuck up. i thought u're really good at voicing your opinions ? whatever happened to it ? you could really have just told me. i really didn't know. i really thought i was helping.

I actually use what I buy. If you know me well enough, I ALWAYS say I'm broke. And seriously, if I'm really broke, can I actually afford to pay for anything?? I told you to stop it. You just brushed my comments aside and said "You really don't need it what..."

You have double standards. The same situation happening to you and me would render completely different outcomes. When you get your paycheck, you will splurge it all on shopping, but when I try to do the same, you just do that you-don't-need-it thing. Balls to you!

is it really THAT bad for it to become one of e reasons to hate me ? that time i was really broke to go liquid room , and even if i wasn't , i admit , i woulnd't have gone if i could choose becus ladies nite everywhere else has freee flow and u save so much more. u said so yourself either.

That is true, but if you hadn't agreed to go to Liquid Room earlier, only to find out that it wasn't free (which I believe you knew long ago) none of us would be pissed. So much for hating "last minute things". You also cancelled on us.

"Friends" like such I do not need. Just go on and twirl amongst the pretty boys in your life until one day you find that you have achieved nothing. And hopefully by saying this, you will want to prove me wrong and actually gain some sense in you. You are just like a female friend that I have been ignoring since last October. She is self-centred, attention-seeking, flirtatious and always wants things to go her way.

am i really like that ?

Know that no one owes you anything. The world was here first, as with your parents and the society. Blend in and grow up. Or just fuck off.

do i really suck THAT much as a friend ?

i tried to be there when u were not pickin up my calls that wed , i sat at yr void deck like an idiot calling you countless times but it was futile.

i didn't mind the fact that u and her* (original name has been removed to protect identities) are always MIA-ing on me until now cus there is a limit to my tolerance.

and if you think that i'm at fault and that im being silly to be pissed well then , in your own words :

fuck off as well.

As stated earlier in our sms conversation, "Ok lor". And I forgot to mention how you would reject having supper with me and hubs saying that you have to be back earlier to "study" or "do project" and only end up reaching home 2,3 hours later because you went for pool/supper/whatever with that guy.

And I also forgot to mention how you always say you cannot stay out late cos your dad will "kill" you, but you can go to Pulau Ubin overnight and stay at a friend's chalet and get so pissed drunk til you call me and blabber nonsensically. I am not flattered when you call me at 2am saying that you miss me. Some people who lead boring lives are actually in bed at that time instead of getting drunk all over the place.

And for fuck's sake, don't drink if you can't drink. You only make a fool of yourself everytime. Drinking makes one lose inhibitions, but that doesn't mean you should lose dignity.


*UPDATE* UPDATE*

The girl, feeling utterly pissed, I presume, sent me an sms saying that she sent me an email. She had excerpts from my earlier post and replied/defended herself according. Please pardon the typos as I really can't be bothered to edit it. It's simply a cut-and-paste thing.

The paragraphs in red are the from her email, and paragraphs in blue are my replies to her replies. Kinda gets confusing doesn't it? =p