Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Movie & Midnight Shopping!

I finally caught "The Woodsman" at Orchard Cineleisure. Read my review of it here. It turned out better than expected, thanks to Kevin Bacon's stunning acting. Fiona and her friend, Tre, was watching in the same cinema too, but they were metres away. Haha... Kind of funny to watch to a movie with a friend but she's sitting far away from you. Well, couldn't help it cos Tre had already booked the tickets beforehand.

Black pepper steak for supper at Holland Village was good. But midnight shopping at Mustafa was better!!

I got all my necessary toiletries CHEAP! Shampoo, conditioner, facial cleanser, facial mask, Ginvera Marvel Gel, Hazeline Snow and a Revlon blusher. The things there ARE cheaper. Maybelline, Loreal make-up is about $2-$4 cheaper depending on the product, and branded perfumes like Escada are cheaper by $10+ dollars!

Yes, I am a cheapskate. After you work for many years, you will understand how hard it is to earn a decent amount of money. I don't deny that some people are paid OBSCENE amounts of cash for sitting around doing jackshit. Eg: Some big fuck in Asia City Publishing (the company that publishes I.S Magazine) who basically sits around and just reads the cover stories to approve them...

I have been "blessed" with dry, wavy, frizzy hair, sensitive skin and a "voluptuous" body. Ok. It's fat. I was trying to make it sound better. Therefore, I have to condition my hair THREE TIMES for it to just be normal. And I'm not even talking about silky, smooth, straight hair here. Just for it to be less dry and frizzy. Imagine the money that goes in there!! Not to mention my skin, which is not prone to breakouts but once in a while will pop a few spots, that requires the utmost care to prevent sagging and dullness. I already look older than I am, so more attention must be paid to it.

There are so many pretty things that I want to get. Like that GUESS watch that comes with interchangable straps (retailing at $127 in Mustafa) and a 1GB iPod Shuffle (retailing at $268 everywhere), but at the rate I'm buying clothes, I'm afraid I'll never get them.

I tried to psycho my dad to get the iPod for me, but heck, he thinks that 1GB is too little and doesn't see why I HAVE to get a Mac MP3 player. Well, daddy, the thing is MY LAPTOP CRASHES/HANGS WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD SONGS ONTO THAT STUPID CREATIVE PLAYER THAT I HAVE NOW!!

I really lurve my iBook, and I would kill myself (metaphorically) if it ever died. I spent a whole stack of cash on that ($2,000 to be exact) and I really don't want anything to happen to it. It is my ONLY computer and I don't really have to financial ability to upgrade even though I really do wish I had a Powerbook 12" that comes with 60GB hard disk space, built-in Bluetooth, faster proccesor speed at 1.5GHz and weighs only 2.1kg!! My iBook only has 30GB, runs at 1.2GHz and weighs 2.2kg. For bluetooth, I am using an external USB Bluetooth Dongle. SIGH. Shits me when I don't bring it out and happen to need it to upload photos from my phone.

Yes... No doubt I don't need ALL that technology, but it is always nice to have something that runs faster... That's why I'm reducing my standards from an iPod to an iPod mini, to now, an iPod Shuffle. It sucks, but life is always about compromising. Especially when it involves money and emotions. *SIGH* I am trying to psycho myself into making up my mind about the iPod Shuffle by repeating that
  1. It is more hardy than iPod/iPod mini as it is a flash drive and not a hard drive.
  2. It is the most affordable one out of the iPod series.
  3. It is the smallest.
  4. I don't really need a display on my player anyways. (ya,right.)
  5. 1GB really is enough for the songs that I want to carry around. (Uh-huh, yup. Self denial is good.)
  6. I really only want an iPod Shuffle. (continue to lie to myself about what I really want...)
I know somewhere down the line I would feel cheated by myself for buying an iPod Shuffle instead of a 20GB iPod. The only point I truly like in the Shuffle is that it is more hardy. I really don't want to spend a few hundred bucks and have it die on me cos I accidentally dropped it. But heck, beggars can't be choosers. Meanwhile, I just want to put songs into my portable player without lagging and/or crashing my precious laptop.

I need to work. I really don't want to cos I want to enjoy slacking student life after 2 years of working in the competitive society, but I guess it IS easier to afford the things I want now because I'm still getting pocket money from my dad. I guess I can make it to buy my iPod and pretty watches in a couple of months or so. But I'm just afraid that daddy won't let me work, or worse, that he'll stop giving me any allowance because I am working.

Decisions, dilemmas and dough... When will it ever end?!?!?!