Thursday, March 10, 2005

flies, shopping and rooms.

:: Roadshow insurance agents are like flies ::

They buzz around you even though you obviously seem uninterested, and maybe even agitated by their persistency. Yes. We know that's where you earn your dough from. But didn't the company give you proper training on how to spot potential clients instead of hitting on ANYONE that seems to have some sort of money on them??

While I was heading to my ride, I was approached by a lady, who shyly asked me: "Can you spare me a few minutes to fill up a survey?" I shook my head gently and said, "No thanks." So she quietly retreated.

In less than 5 seconds, a man came up to me asking the same question. I coughed up the same answer, only to have him retort to me "You're not even interested in the free gift?!" like I'm some sort of kiasu auntie. Excuse me, if I want something nice, I would go BUY it. Who wants your bloody free gifts?

And so I told him bluntly in the face, "No. I don't care for any free gifts." But he continued to walk beside me, catching up with my fast pace. "Wow. Are those 'oh-keys'? So cool!"

Ha. I can only presume that he was talking about my OAKLEYS. So now, you're trying to win me over with some praise eh? Too bad. I'm not moved. I just gave him a sarcastic wry smile without facing him and continued my journey.

All this while I never once showed ANY interest at all, and I NEVER slowed down my walking pace. I guess this shows how desperate he is for commission. I guess times ARE hard eh?

Speaking of which...

:: Times are hard, and my Happy Fund is running low ::

I have a "Happy Fund". I secretly keep money in a little box hidden somewhere. This fund is for me to utilise when I am feeling shitty and down. I buy pretty things with it. Clothes, bags, accessories and whatever that tickles my fancy and is not utterly useless.

Now, my Happy Fund is low. In fact, I would say it has been depleted. SIGH.

So where am I going to get the money to support my habit of cheering myself up through buying things?? Double SIGH.

My Happy Fund allows me to spend on a whim. Buying anything that I want. I don't particularly buy useless stuff. I have even been cutting down on the buying of toys for many months already. Triple SIGH.

Now, even my Emergency Medical Fund is down. So I am officially declared BROKE. I am in poverty!! Oh the horror!!!

:: Room Revamp/Creative Havoc ::

I am going to fix up my room. I'm going to make it sooo girly, that even I would feel like puking. Well, I wanted to fix up the room other ways, but since the walls are pink and purple, I guess I have no choice but to go girly. Would be quite cool though, so my room was always under my mum's jurisdiction when she was around. Now I can wreck creative havoc!! * Kekekeke *

Nash sponsored me Crayola Washable Window Markers, so I can draw on my mirrors and windows. I also bought a box of Crayola Glitter Colour Pencils so I can draw/write the black book that May gave me 2 months ago.

Happy Fund was activated (and depleted) at Tampines Spotlight, where I bought things to fix up my room with.
- 10 metres of white pearls (fakies, of course) to use as a door curtain.
- Decor spray in Wisp Blue Satin, to recolour my bloody ugly blue-and-yellow door.
- 3 different stencils (cat, butterflies and dolphin) to spray/paint a border on the walls.
- 3 VERY pretty feather butterflies to stick randomly on my walls.

I guess with all these things I can stay indoors for a pretty long time... * Hee hee *
Hopefully I'll remember to post up a pic once I'm done.