Sunday, September 18, 2005

a full moon and a rainbow

Today was meant to be a day spent with your family, but since I was the good daughter (and Hubs was the good son-in-law) last night, today is reserved for my sweets.

Chinatown was one stop for us, simply just to mingle with the bustling crowd. The moment we got there, we were greeted by the most beautiful sight...

Rainbow@Chinatown

A rainbow after the slight drizzle... What a lovely way to kickstart the full moon festivities! Even as dusk was approaching, the rainbow didn't lose its alluring lustre.

Rainbow@Dusk

As the colours of the multi-coloured bridge faded into the evening, it brought forth much activity to the rustic lanes of Chinatown. Pomelos started going at rock bottom prices, mooncakes at half their usual price, and all sorts of lanterns going cheap. Unfortunately, I can't say much for the decoration done up for the event...

LanternFestival2005@Chinatown

Well, I was never one for bright lights and traditional Chinese art anyway. But I must commend the effort put into it even though it isn't a particularly important event in the Chinese Lunar calendar.

I will be fairly occupied for the next few days, as my godbrother is back from his training in the States. I will be bugging him to let me fiddle with his iPod nano. It's a miracle of an mp3 player. So small, so light, so beautiful... But I must maintain my ground as there is nothing wrong with my current iPod mini. One must learn to be frugal especially when one is married. No unnecessary purchases, please.