Monday, September 12, 2005

such a slow morning

The noise from the garbage truck is killing my music.
I can't hear anything except the bass beats.
Every morning without fail between 11.40 to 11.50am,
here they are.
Just like clockwork.

Ahhh... Relief from the loud sirens and machinery.
11.51am.

I've been up since 9,
and everything's been slow.
I need something to do.
A job, maybe?

Staying in bed until 7pm
every weekday
is proving to be no fun.
The air-conditioned room is starting to feel too protective.

Don't keep me in.
Let me go out and serve some arseholic customers or something.
My dad, hubby and parent-in-laws are weird people.
I wonder why they let me do nothing all day.

My dad insists on giving me pocket money,
all the way til I'm done with school.
But when I asked for it this morning,
he said he'll transfer it to me before the weekend.

Is this a test of sorts?
To see if I will crumble if I don't spend money?
I won't die,
but I just might start chewing on my arm due to boredom.

My Hubs, he lets me do nothing.
And he's fine with it.
Then whenever I get too cooped up,
we go shopping in the dead of the night at Mustafa.

Hubs say it's good to go out.
No good to be in all the time.
I'll get mouldy.
But he's okay with me being a slacker.

My mum-in-law, she's a strange one too.
She won't let me do any housework
except to wash my own dirty laundry
and Hubs'.

When I offer to mop the floor for her,
she says for me to go study.
I tell her I'm having holidays,
she tells me to sit down and watch TV.

Her husband, my father-in-law,
is fine with me finding work
but when I offer to sweep the lawn,
I get shoo-ed away too.

When I'm going out he'll tell me to enjoy myself.
And then he'll ask if I still have money on me.
He only offers the TV to me when I tell him I'm bored.
Sigh. Such a strange family.

If my mother was here,
she'll yell at me
and tell me to get a job.
STOP SITTING ON YOUR ASS DOING NOTHING!

Mum would say
if you're bored,
go earn some money.
Then spend it on yourself (or better if on me).

I used to think mum was a crazy nut.
Now I know more crazy nuts.
You people are making me lazy.
Not that I'm not already a slacking bit of turd.

I need someone to push me.
Someone to tell me that I shouldn't be doing this.
Instead of offering the TV to me to pass time,
offer me a job!

You people are spoiling me in all the wrong ways.
I'm wondering if I should feel fortunate,
but I'm I feel is myself getting fat and lazy.
I need some self-motivational skills.