Tuesday, September 06, 2005

such a bad habit

That's me. Off and on. Here and there. Intermittently me. And now, let the blog posts flood!

Do not question me why I do not blog on a regular basis. I am still searching for an answer to why I do so. Maybe the fact is that I don't have muses to kickstart my creative juices. Or it could simply be that I am not creative at all, therefore not possessing any of its "juices" to begin with.

Let's do a comparison to some of Singapore's famous (or infamous in one particular instance) bloggers:

mrbrown writes touching entries about his lovely wife and adorable children. He is also famed for his SNE series. The country and its many policies act as his muse.

Xiaxue goes shopping for beautiful things, appears on radio and TV shows, go on holidays and sadly, seem to get abused by people all over. Particularly since her KL trip, she has been dissed by "KL-ians". She's got plenty to talk about and to share with her "blogders".

Cowboy Caleb shares his interesting findings on the net with the rest of us, and occasionally drops a few mentions on his personal life. I had no idea how much a couple has to go through just for a church wedding. Well, now I do, thanks to him.

Sarong Party Girl blatantly shares her kinky sexual experiences, and her thoughts of conservatively anal Singaporeans. Nowadays, she shares her new found love. Congratulations, girl. =)


So, here comes the comparison:

I have no children, yet. And although I do have an outrageously cute husband who is very sweet but also horrendously forgetful, he works so late almost every weekday that I hardly feel like I'm married. As I type, he is still in the office doing amendments without getting paid O.T. (Note to self: I must go splash paint all over his office entrance and demand for O.T pay for my Hubs.)

mrbrown beats almost everyone to anything "uniquely Singapore". Let alone someone let me who doesn't even religiously read the daily papers. I am always late in learning of any new "improvements" to my home country.

Unlike Xiaxue, I am not rich enough to go shopping regularly. I am also not famous enough to get invited to talkshows. I am attached (and not famous) to be on Class95's "Blind Date". I don't eat in fancy restaurants. I don't model T-shirts. 'Nuff said.

I don't have kinky sex and I don't have artistically portrayed nude pictures of myself. I haven't even stepped into a nightspot and gone dancing for weeks. The last event I went to was "Very Xotic" at Zouk, which was too dark for any proper photos and too depressing for words.

I don't do much even in a week, let alone a day. So what's there to blog about?

Just today, for an instance, I woke up to an empty house in the afternoon. Had some chocolate chip cookies with milk, did some laundry, and watched some TV. If that sounds interesting to you, I would blog about it.

Well, maybe you would find THIS interesting instead.