Saturday, August 27, 2005

to once again reaffirm that Zouk sucks

I finally kept my promise to GGYY by attending the Xotic Zouk event with her. And once again, I reaffirm that Zouk SUCKS. Maybe it just isn't my type of place. My place belongs with all the Mats and Minahs in the R&B/Hip-hop joints together with all the young kids. The music at Zouk-ish places are just not my groove tune. How to dance when every song sounds like the other?

The event itself was generally entertaining. There were lapdancers, pole dancers, exotic dancers in cages, and NONE of them were good dancers. Sheesh. They were all definitely local, mainly Chinese females incapable of gyrating and without pretty faces. I am not being judgemental. Some even had Bugs Bunny protuding front teeth. How to be pretty like that??

Thankfully the lingerie catwalk models were of excellent calibre. Just strutting up and down the makeshift stage exhibiting the provocative leather/lace get-ups designed by Xotic, they were exuding SEX APPEAL. Unlike those unconfident SG chicks who look nervous while supposedly dancing seductively. Well, the men, like most men who let their dickheads rule their human heads, were drooling away anyway. My Hubs, well, like most men who don't get turned on simply by pussies, was just bitching about the bad performance put up.

The people at Zouk are quite obnoxious, bumping into my poor GGYY all over the place without even saying "Excuse me" or "Sorry". Once again, I establish the fact that Zouk (and the crowd who frequents there) is seriously NOT my type. Or GGYY's for that matter.

Simply to put it, we are NOT going back there ever again.

It was a waste of time, effort and money. I don't evven understand why the entrance fee DOUBLES after 10pm. From a mere $12 for entry and 2 drinks per head, to a BLOODY FOOKIN $20 for ladies and $25 for men. Sheesh. I cannot even imagine how much they earn even though they only operate on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Snobby place. Boooooo!!!!