Wednesday, March 15, 2006

gender preferences

There's some movie showing on Channel 5 called "Jack and Sarah" and it's about this single father with a tiny little baby girl. Scenes of the daddy bathing with the baby and how they have an unseen bond between them is quite touching.

Or it could simply be the maternal instincts kicking in.

The baby girl is so darn cute that it seems to have changed my mind about only having boys. I think having a girl shouldn't be too bad, my only concern being that I never really know how to handle females, no matter how young or old they are.

I have more male friends than female, and I am often closer to them. We confide in each other honestly and share lots of laughter together. I'm not saying that I can share experiences like that with the girls, but it is quite hard to find females who are as open as males. Even my swearing becomes a problem when I converse with women. Men, no sweat, they take it like it's nothing at all.

I guess it all boils down to having 23 years of bad experience with females that have twisted my mind to only wanting to have baby boys. But then again, nature doesn't exactly let us choose. What can happen is that we can time ovulation and try and impregnant me there and then, therefore allowing the Y (male) sperm to have a headstart from the X (female) sperm. Hopefully the sperm that makes it to the finishing line would be a Y one and, VOILA!, we'll definitely be having a boy.

However, accidents do happen and there are X sperms that probably "swim" faster than Y sperms. We'll just have to leave it all to fate and see what card it deals us. Up til now, we haven't exactly been having very good baby luck. My fears could be unfounded, but who knows, some time down the road when we want to try for a baby again, I might be rendered infertile.

All this baby talk is making me want to plunge into the unknown abyss and try for a baby straight away. Fortunately I can't do it alone cos I'll need Hubs' sperm, so he'll be the one to wake me up to my senses and help us stick to our plans. But a baby would be so nice... :'(