Monday, March 06, 2006

while Hubs is out at play

Hubs is out drinking with "the boys" and I'm stuck at home watching the fucking boring Oscars. I would go drinking with them too, if not for the fact that the places they frequent are what people would term as "la sup bars" with cheesey Canto tunes which are a COMPLETE turn-off. What makes the music worse is the fact that the customers there SING them. Yup. It's karaoke. *cringe*

If they would hop over to a place like Este (where the DJ is my friend) I would gladly grace them with my presence. Este is a Canto place as well, but at least the songs are performed by professionals and not some random "Ah Lian" or "Ah Beng". And in between the band's sets, the DJ spins hip-hop/R&B/house. At least part of my time there can be spent dancing.

Well, less complaining and more constructive blabber.

The Oscars are boring, like every other movie awards show. People talk talk talk and talk. *yawns* At least with music awards you get to watch performances. I think the bore factor for the Oscars is comparative to our Parliament speeches.

And Dolly Parton is SCARY looking. Ewww. Skeletal with humongous tits (obviously fake). She's talented, I don't deny it. But having talent doesn't let you get away looking like a botoxed pinhead Barbie Doll.