Friday, March 03, 2006

some sleepless night

It's been some time since I had a sleepless night. For the longest time, my eyes have been tempted to surrender themselves to sweet sleep with each unoccupied moment. But tonight, ah, the tables seem to have turned.

Despite the endless coaxing I did to myself in bed, it only led to repeated tossing and turning. Hubs had already long gone to dreamland, smacking his sweet lips to a well-deserved rest after a long day.

I must admit that it's been a long time since I got so agitated about not being able to sleep. Such circumstances haven't occurred for ages, so much so that I have forgotten what it feels like to suffer from insomnia. I think I'll have to blame the Prozac for that. Insomnia is one of the common side effects of taking the drug.

My mind seems to swarm with endless thoughts on the same few issues. I'm getting tired of working my brains over questions that have no desirable answers. It's like a vicious cycle. Getting an answer that you don't want to accept, and then asking yourself another question with regards to the answer that you don't want. And it goes on.

They say the brightest minds get plagued by the worst elements of the human mind. Our own logic against our emotions. A fight within ourselves. A struggle hardest to solve. Sadly, I don't feel like the brightest bulb around. Never did, never will. There are plenty of people who have talents WAY more admirable than mine.

And so the night goes on, talking to myself through cyberspace. I could go on forever, but I doubt anyone would be interested to read anything I regurgitate from depths of my soul. The world is looking
for humour, for entertainment, for something to distract themselves from their daily mundane lives. And I am being completely boring right now.