Tuesday, October 04, 2005

incurring wrath

Sometimes, on days like today, I just want to bang my head hard against a brickwall and curse at my own stupidity.

Once again, I have incurred Hubs' wrath by sleeping in 6 hours' late. We were supposed to go out in the morning, and he was up by 10am. But me? I only got out of bed around 4pm. Hubs got angry and it wasn't even surprising. I am such a lazy bum.

I dread taking any forms of public transport, and back in days when I was more than self-sufficient, I would only take cabs as any other transportation means would require cramming with strangers. I really don't like that at all.

There are the days when I would relish the idea of a long bus ride, but somehow life won't have it that way. I get tremendously bus-sick once the roads get rickety. I would start to turn green, and eventually barf. Luckily I usually only do that once I get off the bus.

Don't ask me why that happens to me. I don't know. I just know it gets worse as I grow older. Maybe, like what my dad says, I was born for the life of a rich girl but was reincarnated into the wrong family. All I can do then is to hope for a rich husband. Or in this case, hope for my husband to become rich.

Sadly, things don't happen just because you want them to. And at the rate we are getting ourselves tied down to all sorts of financial commitments, I fear we will never be even vaguely close to the word "rich".

Life is such a bitch. We try to fit into our elders' perspectives of what we should and should not be doing. We become people whom we know we don't want to be. And there's nothing we can do except to bitch about it. Sometimes, life ain't worth living at all.