Thursday, September 29, 2005

work never sucked so bad

Work used to be full of incentives and honestly motivated me to get out of the house. You get paid to do something through the blazing hot afternoons, you meet interesting people from all walks of life in the form of clients and colleagues. Once in awhile, you even make friends that last FOREVER.

But NOT this time round.

I've been misled by a very vague contract coughed up by some agency. Although the position was stated to be a temporary admin staff, I found myself tagging behind my predecessor while she walked all over levels 10 and 13 of the building, handing out letters to colleagues from other departments.

Hello?! You hire ME to be an office girl? Like, the opposite sex of an OFFICE BOY? DUH. I seriously think you can hire someone else to do the same job at a much lower salary. I feel so insulted.

My last shard of sanity tore itself to smithereens when I was happily sorting out a thick stack of papers. (Filing work is therapy to me.) This woman, Gawd knows what her name is cos I've only been there for a few hours and heck she's too old to become a friend anyways, came to tap me on the shoulder and shoved an A4-sized brown paper envelope into my face.

"Can you send this to the Finance department?"

I was like "WHAT?!"

Her reply proved she absolutely SUCKED at PR. "Erm, oh yah hor. You know where the Finance department is or not? It's on the 13th floor, turn left, walk straight. Then press the doorbell to get in cos your pass is not allowed access there."

DUH. My huge reaction was because YOU expect ME to send your STUPID BROWN ENVELOPE. Not because I don't know where the FOOK the Finance Department is. For your information, the Finance department is where I used to head to in my Customer Relations Officer days to get praised (and also screamed at).

Fuck off from my face and don't come disturb me when I'm filing papers.

Well, of course I didn't say that. I just said "HUH?!" again. As my Papa says, "Act blur blur lor, then you can get away with anything."

Heh heh. The blur trick worked.

My predecessor, by the way, is someone I really don't want to spend alot of time with. I only have ONE very important thing to keep in mind when in contact with her. DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE TOO NEAR TO MINE. Thank you.

Her shiny, pimply-red face is beyond my threshold. I cannot look at her in the eyes without feeling like asking her: "Do you EVER wash your face?!"

And oh, her breath stinks pretty bad too.

Her crazy idol-adoring fanatic ways made me gawk and then shiver in fear. She almost seems like a stalker with newspaper clippings of Ronald Susilo all over her work area. One word to describe her: SIAO.

Apparently, Ronald Susilo is her FAVOURITE idol. Even 5566 and F4 don't come close. Not that she doesn't like them. They just don't come as close. She even wants to MARRY him, despite the fact that it is very widely publicised that he is happily attached to Lim Jiawei. OMFG. Some people just don't grow up.

Well, at least her choice of drool idol is off ther beaten track of the usual celebrities. Hers is a sportsman. Everyone say WOOOOOOOOOOO...

I'm desperately trying to catch Dengue now in a bid to escape work. That's the only way I can break a contract and not get sued the pants off me. Heh. Don't think it would work though.

Thankfully my in-laws have been supportive. They said, "Don't like then don't work lor. Go confront the agency about the contract's misinterpretation of the job. Go call them tomorrow! Don't go run up and down handing out letters. They want to tire you to death huh?"

Sometimes, the shitty things in life make you see the good...