Friday, September 23, 2005

a day in to recall yesterday out

Yesterday afternoon found me outside at Bugis. My supposed lunch meeting with Hubs was delayed until 3pm because I was such a lazy ass. Hubs, YOU SPOIL ME!

I had already woken up earlier at around 9.30am due to the continuous calls from the job agency. It was good news though, as I had been awarded the job and they wanted me to go down to sign the contract. YIPPEE! No more sitting at home doing nuts! More money to spend!

Despite being quite awake, I was feeling unidentified stomach pains. So I crawled my way back into bad and napped past noon.

My alarm clock (Hubs) woke me up to an hour of getting ready. And just as I was getting ready, it RAINED. Ok, to be exact, it POURED. Bloody hell. I changed into something more rainy weather friendly, and headed out of the house.

Lunch at the coffeeshop near Bugis Junction was good. The people there were friendly and helpful. The service makes it seem more like a restaurant than a coffeeshop. All you needed to do was sit down, and they would come up to you asking for your orders. How cool is that?

After filling myself up with their yummy roast chicken rice, Hubs sent me up to the agency to sign the next 6 months of my life away. I don't know why, but I really didn't feel like letting him go. But *sigh* work is work. And he's got to go.

I promptly decided to call some friends out for a get together, since I would be commencing work on the 28th. GGYY was uncontactable and puny Grace was on her way back to her hostel faraway. So next comes the guys. Myloh was seemed keen on the offer and offered to meet me at City Hall in 30 minutes' time.

Minutes ticked by as I shopped the waiting time away, not managing to find anything worthy of my money. Hmmph.

Myloh did a bad thing and led me to this shop in Millenia Walk called Candy Empire, and as the name goes, expect lots and LOTS of candies!

I bought myself TWO Willy Wonka chocolate bars. I would show them to you, except that I ate them both already. *heh heh* I shared one with Hubs and Myloh, and had the other one all to myself this morning. Hahaha... Yum Yum. And you know the beauty of these bars? You can actually WIN a Golden Ticket!! Wow. Pity I didn't get it.

Myloh and I have such long chats, I don't even know how. And as he said, "we can talk til the pigs come home". Although I find the reference to "pigs" a tad insulting, I agree with him.

This young man is highly disturbing. He is matured beyond his years, and he finished a DOUBLE WESTERN BACON CHEESBURGER from Carl's Jr at Marina Square, only to say that to be truly full, he'll need another one. Like, WTF?! I can't even finish a single burger by myself, but here is this fella who needs TWO! Well, at least his virgin visit to the fasfood joint was a pleasant one.

Three of us eventually ventured off to Suntec City in my search for cheap and functional office wear. We ended up in Toys'R'Us acting like a bunch of overgrown kids. It was unbridled fun at its best! It was entirely unlike the next experience browsing at this toy shop in the same building, where we were followed around. It was extremely unnerving for me because it (1) made me feel like a thief, (2) made me feel stalked, (3)displayed BAD BAD customer service skills from the staff.
Don't you know that it's not nice following people around?!?

Myloh had to leave early because he had an errand to run for his mum, so Hubs and I continued walking around. I bought a work-friendly indie-inspired skirt at $12 from This Fashion, and went food shopping at Carrefour. Thus ending my day out.