Wednesday, October 12, 2005

finally getting things done

We've finally signed the renovation contract. Finally. So hopefully in 6 weeks' time I can post pictures of my new home to show you guys. Speaking of which, I have not even posted up pictures of the current state of the place.

Joyous news to share, two of my classmates from MDIS are intending to get married! Wow. They got officially attached around the time when I had my ROM, which was back in February and now they are planning to spend the rest of their lives together. CONGRATULATIONS!

I seriously had not expected them to give me an answer when I had cheekily asked when we may be expecting wedding bells. But the answer came. It was a simple "soon". And upon probing, they revealed it to be in the planning for next year end.

My heart goes out to them, as their parents are against their being together due to religious issues. But love is blind, and we all know that. This couple has so much joy and laughter between them that it would seem stupid to just let it all go.

Our parents will always want what is best for us, but as we progressively get wiser about our own lives and goals, sometimes, we DO know what will be best for us. Especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Opposites attract, and if everything feels right, then just go for it. I will be behind you guys all the way.

The same goes out to any of my friends who are having racial/religious issues in their relationships. Love is too beautiful to just throw it all away because of what your parents deem right or wrong. This person is one to share the rest of your life with. So make the decision yourself. As Phil Collins sings it, against all odds.

Here's wishing love and happiness to everyone, since I'm in the mood. =)

~~~
When you find something
as precious as a love that brings you joy,

hold on and never ever let go.
~~~