Monday, June 27, 2005

without hubs

Hubs starts work in a new company today.

He has moved back to his parents to facilitate easier transport as his new company is closer to his parents' Paya Lebar home then to my Tampines home.

He left with his possessions in tow at 1.30am, and up til now, I'm still up and pondering. It's been 5 hours. Do I miss him at all?

Probably. But in order to avoid that, I've busied myself surfing the net, doing what I deem "mandatory". Emails, Friendster, Flickr, blogs. Suddenly it even seems less fun to do all that.

There's no sudden bear hugs from behind.
No cheeky face parked in front of my face radiating with smiles.
No gentle nagging voice asking me when I'll be done.
No kisses on my forehead from nowhere.
No inquisitive voice probing if I'm hungry/thirsty.
No warm, rough hands to caress my cheek as I stare intently at my LCD screen.
No one to light my smokes once my left hand starts to aimlessly search for my pack without taking my eyes off the screen.
No heavy footsteps walking up and down the room, reassuring me that he's just around the corner.
No one to tell me that it's almost bedtime and that I should stop soon.

No distractions from my own life.

And I can't say I really enjoy it.

Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" plays on Class95. If he was here listening too, he'll chuckle and say that it's Samuel's song. Then with the most romantic eye-to-eye gaze he can muster, he'll direct my head to face him, and he'll sing the words "we belong together" to me.

Yes, we do belong together. So why are you not here?

I sound almost lovesick. I guess there's no denying... I am.