Sunday, October 24, 2004

Poem for Nash

Now that we are officially together,
All that I have ever wanted has come true.
Seems like a lifetime since I’ve known you,
How you can read my mind.

Loving you is a duty I’ll gladly do,
Over time I hope I will get better too.
Valued are the affections that you shower me with.
Every single day I feel your love for me,
Slowly getting stronger and deeper.

Sometimes our ideas conflict,
However we always sort them out.
Ever since the 20th of September,
Love has made us meet everyday.
Let alone the fact that we are both busy and tired,
Yet we still make time for each other daily.

Time well spent I would say,
Over coffee and cigarettes we work side by side,
Occasionally sneaking kisses in between.

I do not know how long we can live in this bliss,
What I do know is that I love you,
And that you love me too.
Not afraid of sounding mushy,
To whoever happens to be reading this,
Three words are what I shall repeat.
Heaven brought you to me,
In the most unexpected way,
So that I can show you what love is.

Though at first you had your reservations,
One by one they were overpowered by my persistence.
Lanky lass with beauty and brains I am not,
At most I am just pleasant-looking with maturity.
Somehow you still got attracted.
Tell me now that you love me...