Friday, May 27, 2005

to learn "domestication"

I would have loved to think that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Pity, since there's only one side to my bed. The other side is tightly glued to the wall...

Domestication was the word for today.

Sleeping in until slightly after 2pm, making spiced fries for myself using the ever-so-multi-purpose toaster, watching the free (read *free*) SCV Preview channel that hubs had so kindly adjusted days ago. Domesticated bliss.

Home can be such a sanctuary when no one's running around you trying to piss you off.

Thank God Damien came home without his usual XBox kakis today. He was fortunately well behaved the whole day, being polite and even doing some Maths assessments under my supervision.

Dinner was a simple meal of rice and Japanese Curry consisting of boiled down soft carrots, potatoes and onions. Nothing fabulous, but all of them were pretty satisfied with yet another home-cooked meal by moi. We've been eating takeaways far too often recently.

It is an indescribable feeling being like that all day. No mood swings, quick tempers or tantrums. I think this is what "contentment" should feel like. =)

Poor hubs was expecting more bad tempers from the ever-foul-mood wifey especially when he pouted and sadly announced that he lost the Zippo lighter that I presented him with for our 3rd month wedding anniversary. Poor baby was all distracted at work the whole day cos he was so afraid that I would get the shits. I told him to thank his lucky stars that I'm feeling benevolent today. He just chuckled, glad that he didn't make my day worse.

I cross my fingers and hope that everyday can be like this. I know how bad a day is can simply be based on how foul my temper can get, but sometimes, it really is quite uncontrollable. *SIGH* The woes of pregnancy coupled with depression...

On a lighter note, mrbrown is also expecting his third child to arrive at the end of the year! Maybe my kid and his can become fast friends as they grow!! =) Wishful thinking, maybe.

I'll try to upload some photos of yesterday's bridal photoshoot and the few videos that my bridesmaid, Kristy, shot for us. Ooi, char bor, your shooting angles hor, wah lau, damn artistic sia... All slanted one!!