Monday, December 06, 2004

Love by dumpling

Good morning... *yawnz*
I have yet realised that I only need 4 hours of sleep for optimum constructive output... Went to bed at 12.30am and was up by 3.30am, bugging my hubby to drive me out for dumplings... Must have shit him to tears, but he loves me enough to drag his sleepy ass out of bed, into the car, and drive me 2 streets down for 锅贴. I am the luckiest girl in all of Singapore!! Would love to make more haughty claims, but I think one should be humble in life... =p

Well, to think that my heart has been completely torn asunder by him before, and buckets of tears cried, I think this plentiful bestowment of affection is well appreciated. Not that I'm claiming this wonderful show of love is all necessary for him to make up for the prior heartache, but that it is fantastic to be loved like this... Not materialistic ways of showing love, but all the little intangible things in life...

I have been shown affection like that before, in ways better than this, by a boy who was sweet and nice. For 6 years in my life, I did not understand the extents he went to just to make me happy. All he wanted from that relationship was to see me happy. To him, my life was a sad fucked up mess, and his dream was to make it all better for me. I did not know how to appreciate it. I pushed him for more, thinking that it was all the materialistic gains that were making me glad. Then the day came and went when I let him go that I realised that it was his love and persistence and being there to provide for me which gave me smiles and happiness. I was silly. I was dumb. Now that this sort of love has presented itself at my doorstep again, I am NOT giving it up easily again.

I must remind myself repeatedly to overlook the dollar sign in this relationship by repeatedly listening to Alicia Keys "If I Ain't Got You".

Some people want diamond rings,
Some just want everything,
But everything means nothing,
If I ain't got you...