Thursday, February 09, 2006

i quit! But...

So my Assistant Manager happened to call me when I was getting out of the doctor's office today. He wanted me to drop by to let him photocopy my I.C so that I could collect my quite overdue paycheck.And since I was just around the corner, I popped by and did what was necessary to get MY money.

When he returned with my I.C, I conveniently told him that I'm not keen on working for them anymore. When probed for a reason, I just told him that I've been falling sick due to working late nights. He seemed okay with my sudden resignation, but said,"Why don't you work finish this week, then take a one, two weeks break and see how?"

In my mind, I was just screaming "LIMPEH DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR YOU COS YOU GUYS PAY PEANUTS AND I DON'T LIKE WORKING WITH MAT-YOYOS!!"

I am sick of customers speaking Malay to me. I AM NOT A MAT-YOYO! I don't understand why he wants to make me stay, but heck, I need to practise self-preservation. That money they pay me can't even preserve a plum.

But of course, in reality, I politely accepted his offer while also telling him that I won't be working tonight because I'm still not feeling well. I AM ill. Just not in the body, but in the mind. I'm under stress that I don't even know of. Like what stress? I am not doing anything except bumming around. But if the doctor says so, then that is that.

Come Thursday morning, I am going to "chao geng" again. I will sms my Assistant Manager and tell him that I am still feeling under the weather. When in actual fact, it's because I have an interview for another part-time job in the afternoon. *heh heh* One need not be too honest when it comes to the realistic needs in life. Money.