Wednesday, February 08, 2006

feeling down

I don't want to go to work later. I hate reporting for a job where I have to stand for 6 hours on end. Given the fact that my shift starts at 7pm, I'll probably be on my feet for 7 hours, up til 2am.

They were supposed to pay part-timers weekly, which is on every Friday. I've been working since 19th January and I haven't been paid a single cent. They said the accounts person has gone on holiday, and thus delaying our payout. Hell, do I care?! What about my bills that need to be paid? What about my tummy that needs to be filled? What about the tobacco and alcohol I need to keep my sanity moving along?

I have half a mind to walk in tomorrow and tell my manager that I don't want to work anymore. More than 3 weeks and not a single cent paid. Not to mention that I had to purchase a pair of plain black pants to wear for work. AND I HAVEN'T BEEN PAID A SINGLE CENT UP TIL NOW. I had to pay for that stupid pair of pants from my own pocket.

The bills are waiting and they can't wait no more. Neither can I. Hubs doesn't get his paycheck until the 10th. I need to get that money. It's not a lot, no more than $100 a week, but that would suffice for the money we owe for electricity and water supply. Working where I am now seems to defeat the purpose of working at all when I don't get paid.

Anyone who knows of a job that starts after 6pm, please let me know. Karthy/Annie, you guys work in some recruitment agency, so please help me!!

So should I quit or not? I have no idea how long they're going to drag on my paycheck. And I have no intentions to find out.